There are over 23,000 leaseholder households in Southwark nearly a half of all the Council stock. Due to changes made by the council LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 is now the ONLY organization that promotes the interests of homeowners/Leaseholders and is the only one that is truly independent, run and funded by its members and Volunteers not the Southwark Council’s or its stooges or henchmen.
We are leaseholders and freeholders of Southwark ex-local authority properties and our aim is to ensure that Southwark Council, its agents and partners, provide US with a better service and better value for money and do not Rip us off.
We raise awareness amongst leaseholders as to how to oppose costly and unnecessary service charges and bills for major works. As well as now being the only independent professional body for leaseholders and freeholders of Southwark, LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 is dedicated to improving services performance and professionalism.
What does LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 do, and what do you get as a Member and why is it important:
- Stands for the right of Leaseholders: Stand up against the Rip off fees. We are in a major works investment cycle, i.e. and costs, refurbishment of properties, some leaseholders have already received bills for upwards of £100k. This is outrageous and sometimes due to the procurement and contract management processes established by Southwark Council. Leaseholders and their families are the ones that suffer. LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 acts as the leaseholder voice trying to seek redress and a fair price for decent quality work. We also proud to say that we have also been successful in helping as well.
- The LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 attempts to influence decisions made by officials in government and Southwark Council , in trying to influence legislation on behalf of its members.
- We proactively contacts various bodies and takes part in relevant consultations, both nationally and locally.
- We alks to Councillors and MP’s of all parties to get them to work for and stand up for the leaseholders and freeholders of their constituencies and wards.
- Again, we are very proud to say that we have also been successful and have started the wheel of change for our members and all leaseholders and freeholders of Southwark.
- Legal advice, review and assistance: As, yet LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000is not able to give legal advice directly. But, as an active member we can sign post members to dedicated telephone advice where members can receive initial advice on various leasehold issues through a third party. Initial advice is defined as the provision of outline, summary, legal advice enabling members to make an informed decision as to what appropriate action they may need to take next.
- Tax and inheritance. LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 offers all members a free basic Will as well as a dedicated advice line where members can receive initial advice on various Tax and Inheritance issues issues through a third party. Enabling members to make an informed decision as to what appropriate action they may need to take to ensure that their assets go to the correct people and not into the pocket of the Government or to Southwark Council.
- Be connected As a member you will entitled to attend meeting/ Zoom Meetings, discussion, networking, conferences and social events that we hold throughout the borough during the year. Being part of LEASEHOLDERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWARK LAS2000 means you are not alone. Our strength and yours is by being part of a fully independent membership that makes change and moulds it own future.
Member benefits. Apart from the above what do you get as a member?
- a free Will and Free estate advice,
- Newsletters and updates,
- Access to legal advice on leasehold issues.
- Access to apply for a legal assistance grant, for action against the Council.
- Help and support in dealing with Southwark Council.
- Networking opportunities.
- Access to Expert advisors.
- Free Advice, information, FAQ and how to sheets.
- Meetings either via Zoom or face to face.
- Ongoing advice and support.
- Help with service charge and disputes.
- Help with major works charge and disputes.
- Informal conciliation service.
- Impartial conflict resolution service.
Join and stay connected.
- Attend meetings where possible.
- Provide us with information and/or documented evidence of outrageous bills or poor practice. Stop the rip off fees.
- Become a member. https://www.las2000.org/about-las2000/how-join-las200/
Join now for immediate advice and support
Our Volunteer Leaseholders are at hand to help you with your questions. It’s simple!
- Just log-in to register your enquiry
- Upload relevant files such as your Lease
- Receive a prompt online response.
- Book a call.
- Get help and ease of mind.