The homeowners’ council is one of Southwark’s main forums for homeowner participation. It acts as a link between local area housing forums and the council and advises them both on borough-wide matters that affect homeowners.
Homeowners’ council is made up of:
- 2 elected delegates and 2 deputy representatives from each local area housing forum
- 1 delegate and 1 deputy representative from LAS2000
- 4 directly elected representatives from homeowners living in street properties
- 2 directly elected representatives from those freeholders who pay a service charge
- 2 directly elected representatives from non-resident homeowners
- councillors with an interest in housing – can speak and give their views but have no voting rights
The homeowners’ council meets eight to ten times per year unless a special meeting is required to discuss emergency items.
Listed below are the dates of future meetings. Meetings are held at 160 Tooley Street SE1 2TZ. Please note that dates and venue may change and we advise that you check this page before attending a meeting.